Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Conversations with a master | two

Master:
My young apprentice, why are you gazing at the stars?

Apprentice:
Master, I gaze at the stars because I find them mysterious, lonely and sad at the same time.

Master:
How so?

Apprentice:
They flicker about, like trying to catch your attention. It's as though they wish to tell you something. They are always up there, waiting patiently and silently, hoping someone would notice them. And by the time we take note of them, they would have died and disintegrated, leaving behind a very delayed broadcast of a 'video projection' of themselves.

Master:
You have described the stars as though they have a life of their own.

Apprentice:
Yes, master. I choose to retain this world of fantasy so that I can visit it occasionally when I am tired of the real world.

Master:
And what are you tired of at this point?

Apprentice:
Sacrifice.

No comments: